New Accuser Comes Forward Against Chris Noth With Attorney Gloria Allred

Another woman has filed allegations against Chris Noth, becoming the fifth woman this month to accuse the “Sex and the City” and “Law & Order” star of sexual assault.

At a press conference with her attorney Gloria Allred, singer-songwriter, Lisa Gentile, alleged that she was “sexually assaulted” and “sexually assaulted” by Nuth in 2002. She claimed that Nuth pulled her by force, kissed and touched her breasts.

“I was trying to get him to stop,” Gentile said.

The day after the alleged incident, Gentile claimed that Nuth called her and said, “If I told a soul what happened the night before, that it would ruin my career, I would never sing again and he would blacklist me for work.”

diverse I’ve reached out to Noth representatives for comment, and will update this story if they respond. Noth has previously denied all other allegations, calling them “categorically false.”

Gentile says she first met Noth in 1998 at the Da Marino restaurant in the theater district of New York City where Noth was a regular and was a friend of the owner. Eventually, she and Noth will become acquaintances and will talk about music and show business. One night in early 2002, Nuth offered her a ride home from the restaurant, and she accepted, because the two were friendly. She says Nuth asked if he could come, he said he just wanted to see where you live.

He started kissing me almost immediately. Then he leaned on the kitchen table and pulled me hard against him; Gentile claimed at Thursday’s press conference. “I quickly became uncomfortable.”

She said that Nuth then became “more aggressive” and began to put pressure on her breasts. “I kept pushing his hands down while he was pushing me. I was trying to get him to stop. Then he forced my hand to lift his shirt and exposed his stomach, then pushed my hand more forcefully toward his penis. I finally managed to push him away and get out of his grip and yell, “No, I don’t want this.”

He became very angry and started screaming calling me a ‘teaser’ and a ‘whore,’ Gentile claimed, before ‘leaving’ her apartment.

The next morning, the Gentile claims that Nuth called her to warn her that he would blacklist her from work if she spoke about what happened, and then hangs up. When reporters asked questions during the press conference, Allred declined to elaborate on whether and when Gentile and Nuth saw each other again, but said it was “a long time ago.”

“I was afraid to come forward because of Mr. Knuth’s power and his threats to destroy my career,” Gentile said. (At the time of the alleged incident, Noth was already a top star on “Law & Order” and is currently a popular sex symbol on “Sex and the City,” which has become a massive global phenomenon.)

Gentile told reporters that she is coming forward with Allred, hoping to change the sexual assault legislature. Because an alleged incident with Noth would have occurred nearly 20 years ago, the statute of limitations has passed. Allred said her client “BIt’s time to change the law and that’s why she’s speaking today.”

“I think we should spend our day in court to hold Mr. Noth accountable for what he did,” Gentile said, speaking on behalf of the other women who have recently accused Nuth of sexual assault.

Chris Noth, starring opposite Sarah Jessica Parker, as the hit character Mr. Page in “Sex in the City” on HBO, which aired from 1998-2004.
Courtesy of HBO

Before Gentile’s press conference, two anonymous women told The Hollywood Reporter, in a report published last week, that Noth assaulted them on separate occasions, in 2004 and 2015. Soon after, a third woman spoke to The Daily Beast, alleging sexual assault in 2010.

In the wake of the allegations, Noth was quickly dropped by his own talent agency, A3 Artists Agency, and was also fired from the CBS series The Equalizer. Days before the show was published in The Hollywood Reporter, Noth got so much attention that his famous “Sex and the City” character, Mr. Big, was surprisingly killed off HBO Max’s reboot, “And Just Like That.” After the horrific television death, Noth appeared in a Peloton commercial, produced by Ryan Reynolds, which was revived – only shortly before, before the home exercise company quickly snatched the ad.

With Noth making headlines, news reports about his ex-girlfriend, supermodel Beverly Johnson — who dated the actor for five years in the early 1990s — resurfaced, including a 1995 newspaper clipping from the National Enquirer, which for more than two decades Time, headline printed: “The Supreme Model of Shocking Court Papers Case Beaten by the ‘Law & Order’ Star.”

This week, Page Six revealed court documents that revealed Johnson filed a restraining order against Nuth in 1995, after he allegedly made repeated calls threatening to “kill her.”

Johnson claimed in court documents: “Chris Noth punched me in the chest and ribs, injuring my ribs, making it hard to breathe, and punched and bruised my face and body for which I had to seek medical attention.” “On July 27, 1995, he made repeated threats to my life as he would make up to 25 calls a day threatening to kill me. [and] ruin my face. He threatened to kill the dog.”

A judge granted the temporary restraining order, which Johnson introduced in August 1995. A few months later, the order was modified into a mutual restraining order. In 1993, the Daily News published a separate article alleging that Johnson punched Nuth in the face. After the mutual restraining order was granted, Johnson and both agreed to remain within 500 yards of each other, and not make derogatory statements about each other.

Noth’s representatives did not respond to diverseJohnson has been requested to comment, and Knuth has not made any recent comments to the media, regarding Johnson or the injunction.

lazy picture loaded

Beverly Johnson and Chris Noth together in 1993 at the Guggenheim Museum in New York City. (Photo by Ron Galila Ltd/The Ron Galila Collection via Getty Images)
Ron Galila Collection via Getty

This week, a Sex in the City actor, who worked as Kristin Davis for four seasons when she was in her mid-20s, penned an article in The Independent, calling Noth’s behavior “disgusting” and “toxic.” She claimed that Nuth put his hand on her back and “over my ass”.

“Sex and the City” stars – Davis, Cynthia Nixon and Sarah Jessica Parker – addressed the allegations against Noth in a joint statement this week. “We are deeply saddened to hear the allegations against Chris Noth. We support the women who have come forward and have shared their traumatic experiences. We know it must have been a very difficult thing and we applaud them for it,” the three actors stated.

During Thursday’s press conference, Allred urged Noth’s “Sex and the City” co-stars – Parker, Nixon and Davis – to publicly express their support for New York State’s Adult Survivor Act, which would allow victims of sexual assault to seek justice, after the law restrictions have passed .

“Lisa and I appreciate their words of support,” Allred said of Parker, Nixon, and Davis. “Now we urge Sarah, Cynthia and Kristen to take action and speak up in support of the Adult Survivors Act. Their approval of this law will be important.”

Allred said she hoped the three representatives would contact the New York governor, Kathy Hochhol, to offer their support for the bill and also to state their willingness to testify before the New York State Assembly. (It’s worth noting that in 2018, Nixon ran for governor of New York as a challenger to the now-disgraced Andrew Cuomo.)

Allred added, “All we want at Christmas is access to justice and the passage of the Adult Survivors Act next year.”

lazy picture loaded

Chris Noth at the red carpet premiere of “And Just Like That…” A New Chapter of Sex and the City held at MoMA on December 8, 2021 in New York City
Brian Beder for Diversity

Noth has denied all previous accusations. In response to the women who alleged the rape and assault on The Hollywood Reporter, Nuth said the cases were consensual. In response to the woman who came forward anonymously to The Daily Beast, a representative for Noth said the story was a “complete fabrication” and that “Chris has no knowledge of who this person is.”

“The accusations made against me by individuals I’ve met for years, even decades, are categorically false,” Noth said, after the premiere was published. “These stories could have been 30 years or 30 days ago – doesn’t always mean no – that’s the line I didn’t cross. The encounters were consensual. It’s hard not to question the timing of these stories being published. I don’t know for sure why they’re showing up now, But I know this: I did not assault these women.”

Leave a Comment