Princess Charlene of Monaco meets her husband Prince Albert and their two children over Christmas.
Charlene is currently undergoing treatment for an undisclosed illness.
“Princess Charlene is recovering in a satisfactory and reassuring manner,” the palace statement confirmed to People Magazine. “Although it may take a few more months before her health reaches a full recovery.”
According to the outlet, Albert, 63, and the couple’s 7-year-old twins, Prince Jack and Princess Gabriella, plan to spend time with Charlene in an unknown location where she is being treated.
Prince Albert of Monaco says his wife Charlene is in a treatment facility after returning home
In November, Prince Albert said in an interview that his wife, 43, had been seeking medical attention after experiencing “mental and physical exhaustion”. He also denied speculation that the princess’ problems were caused by alleged marital problems.
“I will probably say this many times, but this has nothing to do with our relationship. I want to make it absolutely clear. These are not problems in our relationship; they are not with the relationship between husband and wife. They are of a different nature,” he said in an interview with People.
She was clearly exhausted both physically and emotionally. “She was exhausted and could not bear the official duties and life in general, or even family life,” he added.
His sister-in-law said Prince Albert, the wife of Monaco, Princess Charlene, was ‘very happy’ to be back home.
News of Princess Charlene’s treatment comes just days after it was confirmed that she will be taking a temporary break from her duties. Canceled a scheduled appearance on the National Day of Monaco. This came after her recent return home to Monaco after spending six months in South Africa away from her family.
“Their Highnesses have decided that a period of calm and rest is necessary to ensure the best recovery of Princess Charlene’s health,” a statement from the palace said. “Having experienced poor health for the past few months, the Princess is currently recovering and will continue to do so over the coming weeks, allowing her time to recover from a state of deep public fatigue. In order to protect the necessary comfort and privacy after her recovery, the Princess’s location will remain strictly confidential.” .
Father Prince Albert, wife of Monaco, said Princess Charlene would ‘get ‘good health’.
The mother of the twins developed ear, nose and throat complications from a procedure in May that has put her off work for the past six months in South Africa where she underwent several corrective surgeries.
On November 8, a spokesperson for the royal couple confirmed to Fox News that Charlene had arrived in France after an overnight flight from South Africa. She was greeted by her 63-year-old husband, their twins and Albert’s younger sister Princess Stephanie.
CLICK HERE FOR FOX NEWS APPLICATION
Albert said Friday that his wife’s return “goed really well in the first few hours, then it became clear that she was fine.”
The couple married on July 1, 2011. The wedding was a staggering one, with the four-day event costing an estimated $70 million. They welcomed twins in 2014.
Stephanie Nolasco and Melissa Roberto of Fox News contributed to this report.