wheel of time I’m off to a strong start with Amazon’s Prime Video streaming service.
The fantasy series based on Robert Jordan’s bestselling novels pulled in over a billion minutes of watch time in its debut week (November 15-21). Prime Video released the first three episodes of the series on November 19. Bear Nielsen, wheel of time1.16 billion minutes of watch time is the most of any original series on the platform since then hunters In February 2020 (before the rating service began releasing weekly streaming ratings).
Since the Weekly Rankings began 15 months ago, the only other major release to top 1 billion minutes in a given week has been boys, which had 1.06 billion minutes of watch time for the week of September 7-13, 2020.
wheel of timeThe total running time of the first three episodes is 169 minutes, which equates to an average audience of just under 6.9 million people in the United States.
Netflix tiger king Re-enter the top ten with the release of tiger king 2 On November 17, both seasons of the show garnered 685 million minutes of viewership in the United States, the second-best in the original series. since canceled Cowboy Bebop It debuted rather modestly at 421 million minutes of watch time.
The chart for the top ten earned series for the first time includes a cross-platform show: the former Nickelodeon series thunder, which is streamed on Netflix and Hulu. It ranked sixth among the earned series with 359 million minutes of watch time.
Nielsen’s broadcast ratings cover only television viewing and do not include minutes watched on computers or mobile devices. Ratings only measure US audiences, not those in other countries, and currently only include Apple TV +, Disney +, Hulu, Netflix, and Prime Video.
The Nielsen movie series streaming from November 15-21 is listed below.
1. wheel of time (Prime Video), 1.16 billion minutes watched
2. tiger king (Netflix) 685 million
3. The Great British Bread Show (Netflix) 513 million
4. You are (Netflix) 489 million
5. Narcos: Mexico (Netflix) 428 million
6. Cowboy Bebop (Netflix) 421 million
7. big mouth (Netflix) 319 million
8. maid (Netflix) 302 million
9. lock and key (Netflix) 293 million
10. destined to perish (Netflix) 272 million
1. cocumillon (Netflix) 869 million minutes
2. Seinfeld (Netflix) 602 million
3. criminal minds (Netflix) 517 million
4. NCIS (Netflix) 508 million
5. instinct anatomy (Netflix) 399 million
6. thunder (Hulu / Netflix) 359 million
6 (tie). supernatural (Netflix) 359 million
8. shameless (Netflix) 331 million
9. Gilmore Girls (Netflix) 315 million
10. Heartland (Netflix), 301 million